The environment is at the forefront of all that we do at Can Pep Rey. It is our responsibility to find ways to be more eco friendly and care for our planet. There is an abundance of information about global warming and the threat it has on our planet. This may feel overwhelming at times, but the small actions and changes we make each day begin to count.
Here are some easy ways to help reduce your carbon footprint:
- Turn off your appliances, energy conservation is one of the easiest ways to reduce your carbon footprint.
- Buy a reusable bottle, avoid plastic packaging.
- Walk or ride a bicycle.
- Plant a tree.
- Take shorter showers.
- Choose eco-friendly fabrics and natural fibres or buy second hand clothing.
- Buy half of your food locally, the shorter the food chain, the less waste is created.
- Eat Less Meat: by reducing meat consumption and substituting for plant proteins you will save an estimated 82 million metric tons of greenhouse gas emissions per year. If everyone in the world switched to a vegetarian diet, we could save 330 million million metric tons of greenhouse gas emissions per year (5% reduction).
- Make your own cleaning products. Use a mix of 800ml tap water, essential oils and 50ml of Castile soap (originally from Spain) for a multipurpose cleaning spray.
- Invest in new house plants. Peace Lilies and Boston Fern plants thrive in humidity, therefore reducing mould spores in your home. Mother-in-law’s tongue gives off oxygen at night, which is a perfect plant for your bedroom.
Namibia, South Africa by P.C.